***Schedule Update***For the Next 5 weeks we will be putting our Olympic Lifting Class on hold due to the open.
The wait is almost over. Thursday , at 5 p.m. Dave Castro will announce the first workout of the 2015 Open live from Reebok CrossFit One in Canton, MA. Moments later, four-time Games champ Rich Froning and 2014’s 2nd Fittest Man Mat Fraser will perform the workout, giving us a taste of what’s to follow for the rest of us. For those wanting to watch the announcement feel free to stop by the gym.
If for some reason Thursday works better for your schedule to perform the open workout, feel free to stop the gym and one of the coaches will Judge you.
As a gym we will be kicking off the 2015 CrossFit Open this Friday. The fun begins at 4:30pm and willl run until 7:30. We will fire up the grill around 4:30pm. Feel free to bring a side dish and anything else you want to drink(not required). For those doing the open the plan is to come in and do your workout between these times. If you can’t make it at that time we understand, no big deal just perform the workout at your normal class time, or Saturday at 10, or 11am, or Monday before 5pm(deadline to submit score).
In our efforts to set a high energetic environment, that will help you perform at your best, we will be having or own DJ. DJ Phin-s aka (Tommy Rico) will be playing all your request. For those doing the open we know that it’s good to have all the support you can while performing these workouts so please feel free to invite your friends and family, and let them see what it is you do.
To help us run everyone through their workout in somewhat of a timely manner, we will be setting up time slots on WODhopper, please make sure you are RSVPing for a time slot. With over 50 member signed up, and I know a few that are waiting until the last-minute to sign up:), we will need all the help we can get to judge athletes, so If you haven’t taken the judges course there is still time…. Do you have to take the judges course to judge? No, but there is a lot of good info if you don’t know all the movements by name.
Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc….
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or yoga at Renu. Could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
Powered by Invictus
Sign up to receive our future emails.